cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Database and mashup UI data not matching

Ru
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

Database and mashup UI data not matching

Hi 

need the resolution on difference in database values and values shown on mashup.

i have one database where i have live data and that database data or API is integrated with thingworx mashup. Earlier i got the data on mashup same as i got on database side but now i am seeing the different data on both the sides. i want the data on mashup which is shown on database side. please share the resolution as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ruchika

6 REPLIES 6
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:Ru)

Hello,

Would it be at all possible to see parts of the faulty data?

If not, could you at least please explain in what way the data differs between the database and the mashup?

Is there a mismatch between columns or missing data?

How is the data presented in your mashup? In a Grid?

Also, any information you could provide us in regards to how you are getting the data from the database into the mashup would be good.

You are saying that there is an integration using "database data or API", could the API have been changed?

Screenshots of some of these things would be greatly appreciated to be able to correctly help you.

Regards,

Jens

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Hey,

if you use a datatable (maybe you meant that with database?) you need to make sure to set the maxItems paremeter when using Query-Services to some high value. By default only 500 items are returned.

But it is not clear what you mean with "data is different".

Ru
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:nmutter)

Hi @nmutter ,

i created one database script where there are date inputs like from date and to date, from these inputs i am getting some values and that script i bind on thingworx mashup side but on mashup side it is showing different values. It should show the same values as we are getting on database side.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Mashups show data which have "Datetime"-type in the users Timezone (of the browser). There is no option I know to deactivate this.

Only option would be to change the DataType from "Datetime" to e.g. String. Then it would not interpret it in the users timezone. That would work if you only need to show the value as a string to the user. If using e.g. DatePicker widget that would not work..

TWX assumes Datetime is in UTC+0 timezone. In mashups it will convert it to the users timezone. When sending a Datetime back to TWX it will convert it back to UTC+0.

Maybe this helps.

jensc
17-Peridot

Hello @Ru 

To extend on @nmutter's post;

Here is a PTC support article describing this phenomenon.

Regards,

Jens

PEHOWE
16-Pearl

Hello @ru 

You will also want to review the PTC Article: Article - CS331340 - [Important] New Required Timezone setting in ThingWorx 9.x

Regards

Peter

Top Tags