cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Database connection

Assaito
7-Bedrock

Database connection

Hi All,

what's the difference between MSSqlServer template and Database template?
I mean...can I use both for a SQL Server connection? Is it possible?
In my case, I want to know specificaly if I can connect with Database template.

Thanks,

A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings @Assaito,

Database template is the default template for connecting thing with the default database.  The default persistance provide is Postgres for ThingWorx.

MSSqlServer template is a template which provides the default configuration for connecting the SQL Server database. The default configuration contains JDBC Driver Class Name, JDBC Connection String, connectionValidationString etc.

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Greetings @Assaito,

Database template is the default template for connecting thing with the default database.  The default persistance provide is Postgres for ThingWorx.

MSSqlServer template is a template which provides the default configuration for connecting the SQL Server database. The default configuration contains JDBC Driver Class Name, JDBC Connection String, connectionValidationString etc.

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Top Tags