cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Debugging C SDK

AM_9977001
4-Participant

Debugging C SDK

Hello,

I am newbie to Thingworx and C SDK. 

I would like to know how to debug the C SDK code using gdb.

I use SteamSensor C SDK as a hands-on exercise. This SteamSensor use C SDK and it connect to Things from Thingworx and register property and services. 

I compile the main.c by using 

"make" command. Then inside the folder "linux/bin/gcc-linux-x86-64/debug/" there is a binary file called "SteamSensor". When I command "gdb SteamSensor", it can debug the C SDK but the problem is that while I am debugging the main.c C SDK code, the thingworx is not connected so I cannot debug the thingworx part. 

May I know how can I debug the C SDK code using gdb in order to debug both C SDK and Thingworx? 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AM_9977001)

Hi @AM_9977001.

Is this the guide you are using?  If not you can take a look at this to see if it can point you in the right direction for resolving your issue.  If you have an error message, you can try searching for solutions in our Knowledge Base.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @AM_9977001.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags