cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

upgrading twx

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

upgrading twx

To upgrade, Thingworx 9.2/9.1/9.0 is best? and why? 

Does Twx 9.2 have any legacy widgets or entities?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AP_9587236)

Not sure what version you are upgrading from, there is some documentation available on upgrade as well as the release notes.

Also there is a service being offered to help with upgrading to TWX 9.x

As far as which version is best, i believe currently 9.1.1 as 9.2 got pulled and will become 9.2.1 I think.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Not sure what version you are upgrading from, there is some documentation available on upgrade as well as the release notes.

Also there is a service being offered to help with upgrading to TWX 9.x

As far as which version is best, i believe currently 9.1.1 as 9.2 got pulled and will become 9.2.1 I think.

Hello @AP_9587236 , 

Which legacy widgets and entities are you looking for?

Pls specify.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236.

You can find the release notes and system requirements for the 9.x releases here.  As @PaiChung stated, the version you are upgrading from will be a consideration.  There are architectural changes in the 9.x releases that will most likely require you to update any custom extensions, modify mashups, etc., so full regression testing is required following upgrade.  There are also upgrade docs available at the link provided.

You may also want to check the product calendar for support end dates for each release.

In regard to legacy widgets, they are still available in the latest releases but are expected to be removed at some point, so it would be a good idea to start switching over to the new ones at some point following your upgrade.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @AP_9587236.

If you feel your question was answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Thanks. Where Ill get the list of legacy widgets present in every version of thingworx. So that i can consciously avoid using those legacy widgets. 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236

Here's a link to the legacy widgets for 9.x.  Legacy widgets are designated with a yellow triangle:

Notice I have the Category set to All, but you can also filter on legacy widgets among other categories.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags