cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Directory and file management system

ashok1239
4-Participant

Directory and file management system

Hello folks,

Can any one please guide me, I had a requirement to develop 

"we have different software versions stored in a repository, once use login we will check authorization to download and provide them information and download link" 

1.where to store and check userid password

2.How can i develop sessions 

3.how to give repository file access based on roles

please help me onthis,i designed  some static mashups but dnt know where to start

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ashok1239)

Hi I would say that if this is a stand alone use case, Thingworx is probably a little 'overkill' :)

But let's start with your last question first

You can create access control in a few different ways

1. Visibility - this is a way to restrict access to entities in its entirety

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/ThingWorx/Help/Security/Organizations/VisibilityinOrganizations.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYvKqKY9KTk&feature=youtu.be

2. Using user Groups and wrapped services which determine who is logged in and from there expose information.

Now where and how to store that information!?

FileRepositories

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/javadoc/com/thingworx/things/repository/FileRepositoryThing.html

Finally Passwords and Sessions. Simplest approach, a user must have a Thingworx login. This allows you to use all the aforementioned techniques. This means that in its simplest form, Thingworx is your Security Store, you can extend that to tie into AD or even SSO

ashok1239
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

doanload list.PNGHello PaiChung,

Very thanks for your reply-)

Is there any chance to develop a landing/home page with dynamic product listing that was public view(any one can visit the url) after clicking on product user will navigate to this login and then down load list page please help me weather it was possible with thingworx or not, If yes how can i develop dynamic thinglandingpage.PNG

login.PNG

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ashok1239)

Easiest probably is to use a regular Web page as that 'public' portal.

You can use a very specific Rest call to Thingworx if needed to retrieve the list and use an appkey so it is sessionless.

Then when the click and are asked to put in their user name and password, you can use a form to pass that information into Thingworx.

It is a much bigger challenge to do this all within the Thingworx environment, because Thingworx only has the FormLogin page available unsecured. For the rest you have to establish a session.

You could establish a generic session, then Kill the Session with a re-direct to the FormLogin

Top Tags