cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Disabling Composer Access and not Runtime

EM_10066743
7-Bedrock

Disabling Composer Access and not Runtime

Hi, 

Article - CS353863 applies to TW platform version 9.1.0, does this mean that this issue is fixed in 9.2.
when we delete the user group from de ComposerUser Group the User group does not have any permission anymore in runtime, the fix CS353863 is written for 9.1. It will take a lot of time to implement this fix so hopefully it is fixed in 9.2, can anyone confirm that?.

Best regards, Emiel
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:EM_10066743)

You can speed some of these settings up by using collection permissions.

However you have to make sure that you have something in place to apply those whenever a platform upgrade happens.

Something like a ThingStart event to check permissions and set them if they are missing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I'm fairly sure this is the normal requirements vs. an article that addresses a defect.

This probably goes back to the early versions of the platform, where a user needed to have Visibility, Mashup design time read, GetAll State/Style/Theme runtime execute and GetEffectiveMenu runtime execute to be able to view mashups in runtime while not being an Administrator.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, could you clarify your answer?

Is there a workaround or solution to make sure the users keep there Runtime permission or do we need to go through all the mashups and services to check the permission rights?

To me it's strange that "Composer right group" affects the Runtime permission.

Best regards,

Emiel

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You can speed some of these settings up by using collection permissions.

However you have to make sure that you have something in place to apply those whenever a platform upgrade happens.

Something like a ThingStart event to check permissions and set them if they are missing.

Top Tags