cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Disabling Link Widget after it is clicked

DJ_Stewart
6-Contributor

Disabling Link Widget after it is clicked

Hi,

I have a Link widget that always fails the second time it is clicked. It is meant to download a file, which it does the first time, but then sends the user to a default "Could not provide media" page the second time. I've fixed the issue via an auto-refresh pointed at the service that provides the URL for the Link widget, but that only works if the user waits to click again. Is there a way to cause the link to be disabled after it is clicked once? I was hoping Thingworx allowed services to reference widgets, but sadly this feature does not exist from what I've read. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:DJ_Stewart)

Widgets usually have a Enabled and Visible aspect that you could potentially set after a click event?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:DJ_Stewart)

Widgets usually have a Enabled and Visible aspect that you could potentially set after a click event?

DJ_Stewart
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

This turned out to be the case. I was trying to set a Boolean property in my core Thing that a service would alter and feed to the disable property of the widget once the service was activated. This was being odd in it's behavior so I moved to making a button that set the links disabled property to true via a function, keeping all the process in the Mash-Up. Worked great. Thanks for the input!

Announcements

Top Tags