cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Display bar chart

RockLala
11-Garnet

Display bar chart

I have Custom Chart Widgets, and trying to display bar chart but I don't know what property do i need to configure for this.  

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This here is a step-by-step example which should work fine.

Maybe you missed one of the mappings or steps.

1. Create a new Thing "DataProviderThing" with an InfoTable property "DataProperty"
    • For the InfoTable use a new DataShape "DataProviderDataShape", with e.g. the id, value1 (numeric), value2 (numeric)
  2. Save the DataProviderThing
  3. Edit it's InfoTable, e.g. (id = 1, value1 = 11, value2 = 110) (id = 2, value1 = 12, value2 = 120) (id = 3, value1 = 13, value2 = 130) and save it
  4. Create a new Mashup with a BarChart
  5. Add the DataProviderThing's "GetPropertyValues" service and check it's executed on "Mashup Loaded?" (checkbox when adding the service)
  6. Map the GetPropertyValues' "All Data > DataProperty" to the BarChart's "Data" property
  7. Properties for the Bar Chart to change:
    • NumberOfSeries = 2
    • X-Axis-Field = id
    • DataField1 = value1
    • DataField2 = value2
  8. Save and "View Mashup" - there should be 3 x-Axis entries with 2 data columns each, showing the values defined in the InfoTable previously

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You need to bind an InfoTable to the Bar Chart's DATA input for displaying any data.

Thanks for the reply. Yes i did the same but still bar chart not displayed could you please share property window screen. because I thing i miss some configuration over there. here i attached output screen.

Thanks 

vxavier
13-Aquamarine
(To:RockLala)

You also have to select the X-axis and Data Fields in the properties.

thanks for reply... but still i am not getting proper Bar chart. 

PFA of output screen.

Thanks 

This here is a step-by-step example which should work fine.

Maybe you missed one of the mappings or steps.

1. Create a new Thing "DataProviderThing" with an InfoTable property "DataProperty"
    • For the InfoTable use a new DataShape "DataProviderDataShape", with e.g. the id, value1 (numeric), value2 (numeric)
  2. Save the DataProviderThing
  3. Edit it's InfoTable, e.g. (id = 1, value1 = 11, value2 = 110) (id = 2, value1 = 12, value2 = 120) (id = 3, value1 = 13, value2 = 130) and save it
  4. Create a new Mashup with a BarChart
  5. Add the DataProviderThing's "GetPropertyValues" service and check it's executed on "Mashup Loaded?" (checkbox when adding the service)
  6. Map the GetPropertyValues' "All Data > DataProperty" to the BarChart's "Data" property
  7. Properties for the Bar Chart to change:
    • NumberOfSeries = 2
    • X-Axis-Field = id
    • DataField1 = value1
    • DataField2 = value2
  8. Save and "View Mashup" - there should be 3 x-Axis entries with 2 data columns each, showing the values defined in the InfoTable previously
Top Tags