cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Displaying separate web page in Thingworx mashup but by using TWX auth.

sabharees
13-Aquamarine

Displaying separate web page in Thingworx mashup but by using TWX auth.

Hi, I would like to use the web frame widget to display a separate web application page in thingworx but by using Thingworx authentication for the page. 
My idea is: the webpage should be available only through the thingworx application.

It is easily possible without any authentication by just passing the URL in the widget(if the user finds the URL and he can paste it into the browser he can access it without any auth.), but now I want to authenticate the web page with the TWX user creds(so by only if the TWX user is logged in or his session is active he can access the page).

My initial impression: to use, post JSON service, and pass some user data to validate and authenticate by checking the user's roles, user groups, and ORGs then if the user passes the validation the end URL will be generated and get published (attach to the web frame widget).

On the node js side(the webpage links should be available only based on TWX users): I need the user data to validate the users, then I can provide the URLs.

How can I get a list of users and their details by using rest API?
Is there any other feasible workaround?

Help, Suggestions are appreciated...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sabharees)

All services in ThingWorx can be invoked as Rest API calls.

Not too sure how you are trying to build the auth. Just make sure you don't get tripped up on the fact that there will already be a ThingWorx session since the user logged into ThingWorx to then open this page.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sabharees)

All services in ThingWorx can be invoked as Rest API calls.

Not too sure how you are trying to build the auth. Just make sure you don't get tripped up on the fact that there will already be a ThingWorx session since the user logged into ThingWorx to then open this page.

Top Tags