cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Entities become non-editable after deployment as an extension.

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Entities become non-editable after deployment as an extension.

Hi,

I'm deploying Thingworx entities as an git extension from Dev to test server, which makes entities non-editable.

i.e xml of entity will have new tag as <aspect.isExtension="true">.

As well as DELETE option is disabled.

TanmeyTWX_0-1604405371714.png

I have already tried removing this tag and save xml and re-import but no luck.

How to revert or make that entity editable again?

10 REPLIES 10

Hello @TanmeyTWX ,

I believe your answer is:

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:PEHOWE)

Hi PEHOWE,

@posipova 

I tried below steps but Entity is still non-editable and delete option is disabled.

1. Exported the ThingShape xml.

2. Added aspect.IsEditableExtensionObject="true"

3. Save it.

4. Import back this ThingShape to Composer.

I'm good if I get the DELETE option working even. I can delete it and create again.

Thingshape definition attached for reference.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @PEHOWE.

Can you assist the community member further on this post?

Thanks.

--Sharon

@TanmeyTWX ,

I am not sure I understand your goal. If you want to make a "Thing Shape" editable after it has been imported as part of an extension you need to add ' aspect.isEditableExtensionObject="true" ' to the "<ThingShape ....>" tag.

Adding this tag will not allow the ThingShape to be deleted because it is part of the Extension. You will be able to edit the ThingShape. When you remove the extension the ThingShape will be removed.  

If your goal is to be able to remove a ThingShape I believe it will be necessary to import the ThingShape without it being part of an extension.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Peter

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Hi,

I tried adding ' aspect.isEditableExtensionObject="true" ' to the "<ThingShape ....>" tag. but didn't work.

I want to achieve either of the below.

1. Make entity Editable again.

2. Delete entity.

Any idea if I delete the Entity from postgres DB directly, will it impact my application?

Note: I want to do above activities on Dev server.

@TanmeyTWX 

By adding the property ' aspect.isEditableExtensionObject="true" ' I am able to edit the ThingShape. Here is part of the XML

PEHOWE_0-1605019907566.png

Please review my entry and compare to your attempt to add the editable option.

When you add this option you should get the option to edit a ThingShape.

If you are not having success please provide the ThingShape XML and I will take a look in my environment.

Also what version of ThingWorx are you using? This will allow me to check if there has been an issue reported for this problem.

Thanks
Peter

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Hi PEHOWE,

I'm using Thingworx 8.5.4 as of now.

I have attached my xml file. You can use that and check if able to make it editable.

@TanmeyTWX ,

I have added ' aspect.isEditableExtensionObject="true" ' to the ThingShape  you uploaded. I am able to add properties to the ThingShape.

I tested this in ThingWorx 8.4.9 and 8.5.3

Can you please try the updated version in your environment.

Thanks
Peter 

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Hi,

I tried the xml but its still non-editable.

@TanmeyTWX 

I am not sure we are testing the same feature. The XML you provided has a ThingShape. I added the attribute ' aspect.isEditableExtensionObject="true" '. I created 2 extensions one with the attribute and one without. If I load the two examples, The extension with the attribute the ADD button is enabled. 

I am also including the extension with just the one item. Let me know what feature to check.

Thanks

Peter

Top Tags