cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Error SSL handshake when connecting Edge CSDK to Thingworx

AliBenBelgacem
14-Alexandrite

Error SSL handshake when connecting Edge CSDK to Thingworx

Hello,

I have two thingworx (9.3.4) running on 2 differents containers.

1- Container 1 is configured on port 80:8080 (NO_TLS = TRUE)

2- Container 2 is configured on port 8081:8080  (NO_TLS = TRUE)

From my host machine, i run an edge csdk

it works perfectly with the first container (port 80) [See log OK]

With the second container, i have an error  TW_NEW_SSL_CLIENT: SSL handshake error. Consider verifying you have compatible SSL ciphers, Error was: error:0A00010B:SSL routines::wrong version number. [See log KO]

I tried to update the configuration of tomcat but it didn't work

Do you have any idea how to use any port except 80 to run the edge

Thank you for your help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, I find a way to bypass this issue.

I deployed my csdk in another container, I put my edge container in the same network as my thingworx container. So i don't need to forward port.

I always use port 80. I have just to change the network and the ip if i want to change the thingworx container.

PortNavigator Docker Desktop extension allow to do this easly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

About this error - "TW_NEW_SSL_CLIENT: SSL handshake error. Consider verifying you have compatible version number": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS387747 

Hi @AliBenBelgacem,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator

If it is possible, you can test it by configuring your Container 2 to use port 80 also, it will help to verify if it is related to the port or not.

Ok, I find a way to bypass this issue.

I deployed my csdk in another container, I put my edge container in the same network as my thingworx container. So i don't need to forward port.

I always use port 80. I have just to change the network and the ip if i want to change the thingworx container.

PortNavigator Docker Desktop extension allow to do this easly

Announcements

Top Tags