cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Error occurred while validating HTTP header: cookie

rk-31
1-Newbie

Hi,

I am getting the below error continuously in application log. I am using thingworx version 7.1.2-b50.

We are getting serious performance issues in production. Is this error causing the problem.

Thanks

Pai Chung

Aanjan Ravi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:rk-31)

Raju, the error you're getting is related to the browser cookie not validating correctly on our regex. The validation.properties (under ThingworxStorage/esapi) has a section called 'Validator.HTTPHeaderValue_cookie' where you can add extra characters to allow them through.

With that being said, it should not cause any performance issues per se, as this only affects logging.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:rk-31)

Raju, the error you're getting is related to the browser cookie not validating correctly on our regex. The validation.properties (under ThingworxStorage/esapi) has a section called 'Validator.HTTPHeaderValue_cookie' where you can add extra characters to allow them through.

With that being said, it should not cause any performance issues per se, as this only affects logging.

rk-31
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

I got it. So can we do anything that improves the performance.

Hi @Aanjan,

I have updated the property "Validator.HTTPCookieValue=^[a-zA-Z0-9-\\\/+=_%;\.| ]*$" and my cookie id was "JSESSIONID=5D443A9AACEABC3C44B7C4883B142D26". The Id seems to match the regex i had checked, but i can still see "Error occurred while validating HTTP header: cookie" in the logs. 

Based on  this article, i had changed the platform.settings file as below,

{
"PlatformSettingsConfig": {
		"BasicSettings": {
			"HTTPRequestHeaderMaxLength": 10000,
			"HTTPRequestParameterMaxLength": 10000
		}
	},
	"PersistenceProviderPackageConfigs": {
		"PostgresPersistenceProviderPackage": {
			"ConnectionInformation": {
				"jdbcUrl": <jdbc:postgresql://postgresql URL/thingworx>,
				"password": "password",
				"username": "twadmin",
				"maxPoolSize": "15000",
				"minPoolSize": "500"
			}
		}
	}
}

But the issue persists. Please advice.

Thanks and Regards

Saran

We are also seeing a huge amount of these in our ApplicationLog.log 

Error occurred while validating HTTP header: variousHeadersListedHere

I'm looking to eliminate these, to make it easier to locate ACTUAL erros in the logs.  ...not as much concerned about logging-performance.

Top Tags