cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Fail Import twx file

kikky_79
4-Participant

Fail Import twx file

The installation version is 8.4.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:kikky_79)

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to advise that the download included in the learning guide has been updated to correct the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

@kikky_79 Can you please provide the error details from the Applicationlog.Log?

Thanks,

Vibhuti

CD-TAS
4-Participant
(To:vangne)

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. When I click 'import' I get a text box in red stating that the import has failed and to check the log for error details. This is the first time I've used it this program. How do you get to the log to see the error details?

Thanks in advance,

CD

vangne
16-Pearl
(To:CD-TAS)

@CD-TAS 

You can find ThingWorx  and Tomcat logs here:

The location of ThingWorx log files

Locating of Tomcat Logs

Thanks,

Vibhuti

CD-TAS
4-Participant

Thanks @vangne

I've found the logs and under 'content' it's given me a lot of warnings about "Ignoring MediaEntity", "Cannot Overwrite System Objects", "Ignoring Authenticator", and "Ignoring Persistence Provider Package" and then errors   saying; "Unable To Create Resource Instance From Class: com.ptc.analysis.api.CapacityManagementCustomizationServices"

"Unable to process import: com.ptc.analysis.api.CapacityManagementCustomizationServices"

"Invalid request: java.lang.Exception: Import Failed: com.ptc.analysis.api.CapacityManagementCustomizationServices"

and then "Entity import failed", all time-stamped within the space of a second.

Have you been able to access your log, @slangley ? Thanks for getting in touch with the team, fingers crossed they'll have it sorted :)

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @CD-TAS.

Yes, I forwarded my log to the team responsible for the training content and they are looking into it.

Regards.

--Sharon

hkwan
7-Bedrock
(To:slangley)

Hello Slangley,

Found the same error, too. Have a client's engineers trying the lessons, and has reported the error. Any time-frame when we can resolve this issue. Thanks

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @kikky_79 @CD-TAS.

I tested and ran into the same issue, so I have reached out to the team in charge of this learning content.  Hopefully, we will have an update soon.

Regards.

--Sharon

CD-TAS
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Hi all,

I came across this page on how to import a file without using the Import/Export window. It suggests making a HTML to allow one to manually import a file.

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FGetting_Started%2FImportingandExportinginThingWorx%2FManuallyImportingandExporting.html%23wwID0ELNAU

I've tried it but sadly with no luck. I'm starting to think that the file itself is most probably at fault.

vangne
16-Pearl

@CD-TAS   

What errors are you seeing in the application logs when you attempt the import? 

What extension version you are trying to import? 

What is your Thingworx version?

You need to have Administrative permissions to import or export all entities in Thingworx. If the user is not an administrator, they can only export entities they created or have been granted design time read/update/delete permissions on. For more info: Article

Thanks,

Vibhuti

hkwan
7-Bedrock

Dear Vibhuti,

It's okay, now. I've provided an alternative for the client. Thanks.

CD-TAS
4-Participant

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it an issue with the files I'm being asked to download, as I've downloaded other files for other guides and I haven't had any issues.

I've tried to attach the document that I can't seem to import but when I tried to send this message I got an error text box stating; "The file meet-thingworx-2019.twx does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. ics,jpg,gif,png,pdf,ppt,pptx,xls,xlsx,doc,docx,txt,prt,asm,drw,zip,7z,pro,sup,sym,ui,mcd,mcdx,xmcd,xmcdz,xmct,mcd,xmcdz,xmcd,mcd,xmctz,xmct,mct,mctx,xml,rar,dat,csv,avi,mpg,mp4,bmp,tif,arf,wmv,log are the valid extensions."

The errors shown in my log are; 

-Invalid request: java.lang.Exception: Import Failed: com.ptc.analysis.api.CapacityManagementCustomizationServices

-[message: Import Failed: com.ptc.analysis.api.CapacityManagementCustomizationServices]

-Entity import failed

-Unable to process import: com.ptc.analysis.api.CapacityManagementCustomizationServices

-*** Unable to create resource instance in Resource: [TW.AnalysisServices.CapacityManagementCustomizationServicesAPI] ***

-Unable To Create Resource Instance From Class: com.ptc.analysis.api.CapacityManagementCustomizationServices

Thanks,

CD

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi all.

We apologize for the delay on this.  We are still working to resolve the issue with the attachment.

If you need to move forward with the training in the meantime, please use the workaround provided in an earlier reply.

Regards.

--Sharon

Aanjan
9-Granite

I tried out the .twx file; looks like it is missing two extensions - AWS Iot Connector and the ThingWorx Analytics Extension (both available in the Marketplace).

Please download both extensions, import them and then try importing the .twx file.

We'll reach out to the relevant team and have them either exclude entities that are not required, or add/ link these extensions as part of the tutorial.

CD-TAS
4-Participant
(To:Aanjan)

Hi,

Great! Thank you so much for your help. I'll give it a go now.

Thanks,

CD

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to advise that the download included in the learning guide has been updated to correct the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags