cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

File Upload Widget on Tablet

HD_10225728
6-Contributor

File Upload Widget on Tablet

Hello everyone,

I want to use the file upload widget on a tablet. Specifically, users need to upload MULTIPLE images via the "Take Photo or Video" option that opens up the camera app. 

But here two issues arise: 

1. I have enabled "MultiFilesSelect". Uploading multiple picture via Files and Photo Library works. But when selecting "Take Photo or Video", you can only take one picture.

HD_10225728_2-1656943095667.png

HD_10225728_1-1656943030808.png

2. All images uploaded via "Take Photo or Video" are named "image.jpg". So even if I were to put multiple upload widgets, I would have to invoke a service to rename the files multiple times?

Can anyone think of a solution? Putting 5 upload widgets in the mashup where each time the user has to also press "upload" is super user-unfriendly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:HD_10225728)

I see. Then I'm afraid that will require an enhancement to make Take Photo or Video feature on Tablet work better in the context of MultiFilesSelect checked. 

Please post your enhancement request and use case in below site.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Ideas/idb-p/thingworxideas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine

Hi @HD_10225728,

If MultiFilesSelect works with Photo Library, couldn't users take multiple photos using camera not using this file upload widget and then go to Photo Library to select multiple images taken outside of the mashup?

HD_10225728
6-Contributor
(To:TonyZhang)

Possible, yes, but bad user-experience in my opinion. Also the tablet has to be used by multiple people and multiple pictures need to be taken, this would spam the Photo Library of the tablet.

TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine

I see. Then I'm afraid that will require an enhancement to make Take Photo or Video feature on Tablet work better in the context of MultiFilesSelect checked. 

Please post your enhancement request and use case in below site.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Ideas/idb-p/thingworxideas

Top Tags