cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

FileUpload_SEE_v0.113 widget issue in Thingworx 8.5.1

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

FileUpload_SEE_v0.113 widget issue in Thingworx 8.5.1

Hi,

I am using the custom FileUpload widget and its having upload event property binding. Widget version is FileUpload_SEE_v0.113.zip. This widget is shared from community.

widget is working in Thingworx 8.2.5.

I am using same widget in Thingworx 8.4.5 and Thingworx 8.5.1, widget is not showing correctly. 

Any one knows how to resolve custom widget issues in latest thingworx version?.

Same I have observed in D3pieChart widget. This widget is not working in Thingworx 8.5.1.

Thank you

Regards,

Latha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
serler
7-Bedrock
(To:vi1)

Hello @vi1,

I was finally able to update the file upload widget and make it running again. (The new version number is 0.114)

Feel free to use it, but please pay attention to the disclaimer below.

DISCLAIMER: This mashup is not supported by PTC and not maintained during new releases. It was developed in 8.5.6 and works there, but that might change in future versions. Any efforts for migration to a new version, are in a users responsibility.

Best regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @vi1.

The FileUpload_SEE-v.0 widget is not supported by PTC. I will try to reach out to the person who provided this widget to see if an update is available that will be compatible with the more recent releases. Is there some reason you're unable to use the out-of-the-box widget?

Where did you obtain the D3pieChart widget?  Many widgets that were previously available on the Marketplace have been removed for review.  At this point in time, we have no information regarding the possibility of updating and reposting them.

Regards.

--Sharon

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:slangley)

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

In custom FileUpload_SEE_v0.113, added the upload event to the widget. Please refer the attached screenshot.

In Thingworx 8.5.1, not able to see the widget at runtime. It's showing empty.

D3pieChart widget issue is resolved. I have cleared thingworx table from postgre database and re imported thingworx source code again and issue is resolved.

Regards,

Latha

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @vi1

With the holidays, I have not been able to make contact with a resource that may be able to provide some guidance.  I will continue to reach out.

Regards.

--Sharon

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:slangley)

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for reply. I will wait for response.

Regards,

Latha

serler
7-Bedrock

Hello @vi1,

I was finally able to update the file upload widget and make it running again. (The new version number is 0.114)

Feel free to use it, but please pay attention to the disclaimer below.

DISCLAIMER: This mashup is not supported by PTC and not maintained during new releases. It was developed in 8.5.6 and works there, but that might change in future versions. Any efforts for migration to a new version, are in a users responsibility.

Best regards,

Sebastian

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:serler)

Hi,

Thank you very much. FileUpload_SEE_v0.114 widget is loading correctly in Thingworx 8.5.1.

Thanks&Regards,

Latha

Hi vi1,

Regarding the custom FileUploader widget you asked about, the person who built it must your primary contact source for any questions regarding it. If that person is no longer available, you must debug the widget on your own (which can be either complex or easy depending on your HTML+Javascript skills).

I'm jumping in to add this because I have witnessed many questions raised even on our Tech Support portal for extensions that were not PTC supported. Our Tech Support Engineers try their best to help, on such cases, but in reality, since those are not PTC products, it is not their responsibility to solve those issues. 

To summarize this:

-any issues for extensions or products that are PTC supported (this marking is visible in the Marketplace or which are available in the download section of the support.ptc.com portal) should be added as a Tech Support case

-any issues for any other PTC-related products (extensions, plugins) should be posted directly to the person/company that built that.

Top Tags