cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

FormLogin - access problem. Redirect failed.

Michail
9-Granite

FormLogin - access problem. Redirect failed.

Hello there, I'm hoping someone could assist me with the following.

I've updated ThingWorx test platform to version 7.4. Everything seems to work fine, however, FormLogin access is not functioning as expected. I'm trying to gain access using existing user's credentials. The user is a member of a users group which has a visibility set to the appropriate organisation. There are no problems accessing ThingWorx composer directly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:Michail)

We do not support Postgresql 9.6. Currently the only supported major version is 9.4 with 9.4.5 minimum.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
posipova
20-Turquoise

Could you please provide your tomcat version and backend database? I will recreate your environment to reproduce and come back with my findings.

Polina Osipova​,

psql (PostgreSQL) 9.6.1

Apache Tomcat/8.0.38

Win10 x64

posipova
20-Turquoise

We do not support Postgresql 9.6. Currently the only supported major version is 9.4 with 9.4.5 minimum.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

mnudel, is this an in place upgrade/migration by any chance?

Sushant Pandey​, correct!

supandey
19-Tanzanite

May be it's bit too early to say but it could be an issue, there's already a Jira PSPT-3573 on redirect issues for Manage Extensions (which BTW do log this intrusion detection stuff in application log) mashup not addressable from Composer and also related to Organization Form Logins not able to redirect. Though i'm not 100% if this is what you are also running into.

None of this is reproducible when doing fresh installation of v7.4.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:supandey)

I've just completed a migration from 7.3 to 7.4 with postgresql 9.4.11 and my formlogin did work properly.

Thank you Polina Osipova​, I guess I'll have to delete everything and start fresh (it is a test platform anyway)

posipova
20-Turquoise

Please ensure to install a supported version of postgresql. It's strange that your application even started with a 9.6. :-)

What's more strange is that it did work with 7.3 for quite some time =) however, I didn't try the FormLogin function

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi mnudel​,

Is this a new installation or upgrade.

If it was a upgrade what was the Upgrade process followed?

Also, try to open the Thingworx logs; does that page also fail to open?

Ankit Gupta​, it was indeed an upgrade. I also had troubles with the Logger page - with particular services failing and some graphical elements failing to upload. I followed installation process, prior to that I deleted ThingWorx database, undeployed .WAR file and removed associated files.

Hi mnudel,

Is this issue resolved at your end? Let us know what are the steps you did for the same. We are also facing the same issue

when upgrading TW from Version 7.1 to 7.4 and the version of Postgres we are using is 9.4 only. We are using a Linux 64 bit system with

tomcat 8.0.36 version.

Hello Rdhakrishnan Kandasamy​,

As Polina Osipova​​​ indicated, I was using more recent version of PostgreSQL. I'm hoping to resolve this by reinstalling everything using recommendations above.

It could be not related to the version of the database, but something more specific as Sushant Pandey​ described.

May be it's bit too early to say but it could be an issue, there's already a Jira PSPT-3573 on redirect issues for Manage Extensions (which BTW do log this intrusion detection stuff in application log) mashup not addressable from Composer and also related to Organization Form Logins not able to redirect. Though i'm not 100% if this is what you are also running into.

None of this is reproducible when doing fresh installation of v7.4.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:rkandasamy)

Hi Rdhakrishnan Kandasamy , thank you for sharing the details over webex I have those details added to the article for reference. Note that the Jira is still open so will let you know as soon as this is fixed.

Top Tags