cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Formulas in streams?

apineda
1-Newbie

Formulas in streams?

Hi,

I was wondering if ThingWorx supports an automated column defined by a formula akin to adding formulas to columns in Excel tables.

I have data in raw forms such as voltage but I would like to convert these values to something more meaningful like temperature, barometric pressure, flow rate, etc.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
byutz
1-Newbie
(To:apineda)

Hi Alister,

I have not seen a way to put a formula in a stream directly, but you could write a service to do a calculation everytime a stream entry is made.  You could have the service add a column and make your calculation.

apineda
1-Newbie
(To:byutz)

That's basically what I have done so far. It would be nice to have something more dynamic in case the expression changes for whatever reason.

The other way around, it's to make a service which executes the stored or in service formula, and returns the new columns, attached to current stream entries, you just need to AddField and/or use Derived functions.

Carles.

Top Tags