cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Foundation Installation Issue: "Could not verify Java"

AgriSense
1-Newbie

Foundation Installation Issue: "Could not verify Java"

Hello forum,

I'm trying to install Foundation and keep getting this error soon after the PTC logo appears on the screen: "There has been an error. Could not verify java, please install the required Java version." This is on windows 7, so I tried on my other machine on windows 10, with same result.

Using the latest version of Java - 1.8.0_191.

Am I meant to roll back the Java installation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @AgriSense.

Make sure you are running 64-bit java.  You can review the system requirements here.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AgriSense)

Not sure when the check happens, but usually this is 'configured' when Tomcat is installed.

You may want to check your configuration and make sure Tomcat is properly pointed to java

or else check your Environment variables to see what the java path is.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @AgriSense.

Make sure you are running 64-bit java.  You can review the system requirements here.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:slangley)

@AgriSense

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Did you get an answer to this? I am having the same issue. I am running Java 8.0.1910.12

Resolved the issue by installing Jave SE Development Kit 8.0.1910.12

Originally I had only installed Java and not Java Development kit

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:OldBigOne)

Hi @AgriSense.

Just wondering if you had found a solution to your issue.  If one of the previous responses helped you to resolve it, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may encounter the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

garryp123
4-Participant
(To:AgriSense)

Try this version-->

Java_Development_Kit_(64bit)_v8.0.1910.12

works for me 

Top Tags