cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Geofence Region Tooltip

pnash
1-Newbie

Geofence Region Tooltip

Hi All

I have successfully created regions on a Google Maps widget and they display correctly. However there is no way of knowing which region is which (for identification). The solution for this I believe is a "RegionTooltipField" which ThingWorx currently has however I have these current properties and the tooltip is not showing at runtime when I hover my cursor over a region:

• RegionData - Has Data
  • RegionLocationData - Has Data
  • RegionLocationField - undefined
  • RegionLocationsField - locations             (the infotable of infotables for my regions)
  • RegionTooltipField - Name                     (a column in my DataTable which contains a string for easily identifying the 'Name' of each region)
  • ShowRegions - true

If anyone can give me any advice on how to get a tooltip to show up for the regions (without the need for a tooltip mashup) I would highly appreciate it.

Many Thanks

1 REPLY 1
qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:pnash)

You can add the field Name in the DataShape of the infotable propertie binded to RegionData. The field Name is at the same level as the infotable of infotable of locations. Then Name can be selected in RegionTooltipField1.

Case related: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS225480

Top Tags