cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Git Backup Extension Query

SrijithKrish
12-Amethyst

Git Backup Extension Query

Hi 

I am using the Git Backup Extension(v3.0.1) in my ThingWorx environemnt and it is working fine with normal git repository, but when I am using the extension with a git repository where the two step verification process is enabled then I am not able to push my entities or project or anything from ThingWorx to the git repository. The project or entity is being exported properly to the ThingWorx Environment git repo but is not being pushed to the github repository. I think it is the two step verification process enabled is causing this issue as I tried disabling it and trying then it worked. Is there any way we can access the git repository where there is the two step verification process enabled? 

I had obtained the extension from https://github.com/vrosu/thingworx-gitbackup-extension/releases 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For awareness, this issue was solved through private messages.

The user uses GitHub, with 2FA. GitHub offers a way to generate application specific passwords (called Personal Application Tokens) for third party apps - which need to be used in this case.
Another point, if the email address is setup in GitHub as private, GitHub will reject commits where the committer email = your email address. Page 14 from the GitBackup user shows how this can be fixed.

All these issues are specific to the way GitHub handles authentication and commits and did not require any fix on the extension side.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

For awareness, this issue was solved through private messages.

The user uses GitHub, with 2FA. GitHub offers a way to generate application specific passwords (called Personal Application Tokens) for third party apps - which need to be used in this case.
Another point, if the email address is setup in GitHub as private, GitHub will reject commits where the committer email = your email address. Page 14 from the GitBackup user shows how this can be fixed.

All these issues are specific to the way GitHub handles authentication and commits and did not require any fix on the extension side.

The solution suggested worked very well !!!!

Thank You @VladimirRosu 

Top Tags