cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Google Map Widget

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine

Google Map Widget

Hi All

I am trying to integrate Google maps widget in my mashup. To do so I have already imported the widget package in Thingworx composer.

To continue using it I suppose we have to enter the Javascript URL with app key under System -> Subsystem ->Platform Subsystem -> Required string to connect with Google for Google widgets field

I am not able to locate the string field 

Is there a way around for the same?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ketanaga ,

Note: make sure you share the complete ThingWorx version number in future, there are some small differences that may matter.

Going back to your issue: I presume that you use a version of ThingWorx below 8.3.3. In this case, you will not be able to find those connection strings in that subsystem, and you need to insert your appKey in the zip file itself.

The answer is found in the Help Center article that @raluca_edu  shared. Look at the section "Using the Google Widgets 3.0.1 and Earlier Versions" , it's at the end of the article. The widget is also different - you need to use the 3.0.1 Google Maps widget from the marketplace.

PS: I want to use this occasion to remind you that ThingWorx 8.3.x will be out of support in 8th of June 2020. Ideally you should migrate to the latest ThingWorx version to gain advantage of the newest features, bugs and security fixes. I believe version 9.0 is planned to be available June 2020 (https://support.ptc.com/cs/product_calendar/PTC_Product_Calendar.htm )

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ketanaga
13-Aquamarine
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi 

I have followed all the steps mentioned in the links, but still I was not able to achieve what I am trying to i.e the services under Platform Subsystems to check the API key and the string input field under Configuration in Platform Subsytems

Regards

Ketan 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ketanaga)

Hi @ketanaga.

Did you set up an account with Google for obtaining the API key?

Regards.

--Sharon

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Hi

Yes I have the API key and the javascript url

Regards

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine
(To:ketanaga)

Hi @slangley 

Is there an update on the mentioned issue

I am using Thingworx 8.3

Regards

Hello @ketanaga ,

Note: make sure you share the complete ThingWorx version number in future, there are some small differences that may matter.

Going back to your issue: I presume that you use a version of ThingWorx below 8.3.3. In this case, you will not be able to find those connection strings in that subsystem, and you need to insert your appKey in the zip file itself.

The answer is found in the Help Center article that @raluca_edu  shared. Look at the section "Using the Google Widgets 3.0.1 and Earlier Versions" , it's at the end of the article. The widget is also different - you need to use the 3.0.1 Google Maps widget from the marketplace.

PS: I want to use this occasion to remind you that ThingWorx 8.3.x will be out of support in 8th of June 2020. Ideally you should migrate to the latest ThingWorx version to gain advantage of the newest features, bugs and security fixes. I believe version 9.0 is planned to be available June 2020 (https://support.ptc.com/cs/product_calendar/PTC_Product_Calendar.htm )

ketanaga
13-Aquamarine
(To:VladimirRosu)

Hi

Thankyou for the solution

Regards

Top Tags