cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

HTML in a grid

claudef
1-Newbie

HTML in a grid

Hello there
Is there a way to format some HTML Text in a grid ?
because right now, the output is just plain text even though the data is HTML and the column config is HTML too
I would like to put mail address of a dynamically build user list please

5 REPLIES 5
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:claudef)

Hi Claude,

Which version of ThingWorx are you using?

claudef
1-Newbie
(To:adam11)

I'm using Thingworx 6

alexe1
1-Newbie

I also noticed this was the case.

I noticed some differences in each of the most recent versions of ThingWorx.

5.4:

- HTML column renderer works just fine

- They added "raw" or "with formatting" as format options for the html column render. I could find no discernible difference between the two options, as both simply displayed as straight text. eg. <a href="https://google.com"> TEST </a>

-This was submitted as a PTC support case for 6.0.2

- The "raw" format options shows the html as text, as in 6.0.2 and probably as intended, while the "with formatting" option shows the html formatted correctly, and the above example would just show TEST in that column

- However, TEST is just text, as the link does not format correctly. Its not a clickable link. It looks like the html renderer doesn't handle special characters very well

-This was submitted as a case for 6.5.0

So, in summary, you aren't alone, hopefully they fix it with the next release

alexe1
1-Newbie

I had no idea I did not have the most recent version. This is all fixed in 6.5.2.

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member
(To:alexe1)

The specific release that is cited in the JIRA that the HTML renderer is fixed for is ThingWorx version 6.5.1 and 6.0.5.

Top Tags