cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

HTTP Error 404 - ThingWorx Composer - 8.5

Gizem_Turan
8-Gravel

HTTP Error 404 - ThingWorx Composer - 8.5

I am facing suddenly the issue that I can not open the Composer, I am getting the message "HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found" in Google Chrome.

I have just installed (separetely from Thingworx) SQL Server and Reporting Services on the same machine where ThingWorx is also installed.. I do not know if this is causing the Problem??? Because my ThingWorx platform did work before.. The database is Standard h2 like coming from the Installation.

I have restarted tomcat several times - but it did not help.

Attached is a log file whih I found in tomcat/logs ...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Gizem_Turan ,

The issue was occurring due to improper permissions on the ThingworxStorage folder

We provided Full Access to the Users group of Window OS under security tab and after that we were able to login in thingworx.

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Gizem_Turan ,

Looking at the logs, it seems like thingworx database is read only and due to which application is not getting started.

Can you check the database status by creating any test table in thingworx database.

Also you can try restarting database services.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Hello @hchanana,

thank you for your answer!

I am very new to ThingWorx and one of my colleagues has installed and configured it. He is not available at the moment.. I do not know how to create something in the database without using the Composer (which is not Opening regarding to my issue).

Can you describe me the steps for it? And which services belong to the database?

Another Point is that on Friday after I wrote this post, I stopped all SQL Services (which were installed separately of ThingWorx) and after that it is possible to enter Login data when loading the Composer Webpage, but after I enter it, I am receiving now a "500 unexpected error - contact your System Administrator for more Details"..

Just for additional information.

Thank you very much for your support,

Gizem

Hi @Gizem_Turan ,

Can you please share complete logs from your C:\ThingworxStorage\logs folder and platform-settings.json file from C:\ThingworxPlatform folder

Thanks,

Himanshu

Hello @hchanana ,

attached you can find the files. I hope they help you to find the source and solution of my problem.

Thank you in advance!

Regards

Gizem

Hello @hchanana ,

could you check the logs?

Regards

Gizem

Hi @Gizem_Turan ,

As you mentioned that you are getting logging prompt after stopping SQL services, it means our database is working fine now.

Can you please share the latest logs as the logs provided does contains only about readonly database issue.

There is nothing related to "500 unexpected error - contact your System Administrator for more Details".

Please follow below steps to grab logs:

Stop tomcat --> Clear logs from ThingworxStorage\logs folder --> Start tomcat and try to load the composer again.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Hello @hchanana ,

thank you for analyzing. I followed the steps you mentioned (stoped tomcat, deleted logs, stared tomcat and Composer). So attached the "new" log files, which were generated when I opened Composer.

I could see in the files several times the entry "SCIMProvider initialization failure.  Thingworx Server is not running".....

But I have started tomcat Service..

Thank you in advance!

Regards

Gizem

Hi @Gizem_Turan 

I have opened a support case on behalf of you to investigate the issue at your end. You will get an email for the same.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Hi @Gizem_Turan ,

The issue was occurring due to improper permissions on the ThingworxStorage folder

We provided Full Access to the Users group of Window OS under security tab and after that we were able to login in thingworx.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Announcements

Top Tags