cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

High availability for Thingworx Azure IoT Hub connector

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

High availability for Thingworx Azure IoT Hub connector

Hi,

I am planning to configure High availability for below components.

1. Thingworx version 8.5.1

2. Azure SQl

3. Thingworx Azure IoT Hub connector 3.0.1

I have done HA configuration to Thingworx 8.5 and Azure Postgre SQL and working high availability as expected.

How to apply  HA configuration to Thingworx Azure IoT Hub connector? Currently I have installed Thingworx and IoT Hub connector service on same machine. Could any one suggest HA for Azure IoT Hub connector.

Thanks&Regards,

Latha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:vi1)

No, I did not mean that. When you create IOT hub you choose a partition limit that can not be changed later. You can have multiple connectors to distribute the load/kind of a HA setup for az iot hub connector. As I said when you start 2 connectors they will take 1/2 partition of iot hub. That basically means the number of connectors more than iot hub partition would not make any sense. Let me know if you want me to elaborate more.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mnarang
17-Peridot

You can have more than one az iot hub connector pointing at the same platform/Azure iot hub thing. If they are started at the same time then they will each take about 1/2 the partition of the azure IoT hub(in terms of ingress/telemetry). If one connector dies eventually the partition it had a lease on will be released and assigned to another connector. You can have multiple connectors running but having more connectors than you have hub partition won't give any benefit.

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:mnarang)

Thank you for reply. To understand your message, even though we can have multiple connectors ,but there is no benefit.

mnarang
17-Peridot

No, I did not mean that. When you create IOT hub you choose a partition limit that can not be changed later. You can have multiple connectors to distribute the load/kind of a HA setup for az iot hub connector. As I said when you start 2 connectors they will take 1/2 partition of iot hub. That basically means the number of connectors more than iot hub partition would not make any sense. Let me know if you want me to elaborate more.

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:mnarang)

Thank you for explanation. I got it.

Top Tags