cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How To Set Group in runtime through service under Resources->InfotableFunctions-> Services->TOJSON

MM_10159448
7-Bedrock

How To Set Group in runtime through service under Resources->InfotableFunctions-> Services->TOJSON

I Want to set group name programmatically through service of Resources->InfotableFunctions-> Services->TOJSON

I need standard service code to do programmatically.

Please check the below screen shot

MM_10159448_0-1707309301576.png

MM_10159448_1-1707309324668.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have implemented code similar to this, but getting error of push related as shown in below image.

MM_10159448_0-1707389381671.png

from where data is getting in permissions highlighted below in bold

currentPermissions.permissions.push(newPermissions)

Pls send me root cause o this issue

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@MM_10159448 ,

I think this post should help you: https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/How-to-AddRuntimePermission-for-PlatformSubsystem-amp/td-p/727025

In summary, run GetRuntimePermissionsAsJSON, append your own permissions to it, and then run SetRuntimePermissionsAsJSON

- Nick

Thank you for your reply,

I have viewed your provided link and code but in that code , Code is getting permission and then setting runtime permission for all who is falling under 

but my requirement is , I want to set group name for runtime for particular service only 'Resources->InfotableFunctions-> Services->TOJSON'(to this service only)

Please suggest any code for this

It would look something like this:

// result: JSON
var currentPermissions = JSON.parse(Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].GetRunTimePermissionsAsJSON());

var newPermissions = {

"resourceName": "ToJSON",
	"EventSubscribe": [],
	"PropertyWrite": [],
	"PropertyRead": [],
	"ServiceInvoke": [{
		"isPermitted": true,
		"name": groupToAdd,
		"type": "Group"
	}],
	"EventInvoke": []
};

currentPermissions.permissions.push(newPermissions);

Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].SetRunTimePermissionsAsJSON({
	permissions: currentPermissions /* JSON */
});

Where groupToAdd is the name of the group you want to give access to that service.

-- Nick

I have implemented code similar to this, but getting error of push related as shown in below image.

MM_10159448_0-1707389381671.png

from where data is getting in permissions highlighted below in bold

currentPermissions.permissions.push(newPermissions)

Pls send me root cause o this issue

This is my below developed. Pls check any issue in this

function () {
    "use strict";
    try{   
    var jsonStringRuntime ='{"permissions":[{"resourceName":"*","PropertyRead":[],"PropertyWrite":[],"EventInvoke":[],"EventSubscribe":[],"ServiceInvoke":[]},{"resourceName":"GetClientApplicationKey","ServiceInvoke":[{"name":"ComposerUsers","type":"Group","isPermitted":true}]},{"resourceName":"GetClientNonce","ServiceInvoke":[{"name":"ComposerUsers","type":"Group","isPermitted":true}]},{"resourceName":"GetEntityList","ServiceInvoke":[{"name":"ComposerUsers","type":"Group","isPermitted":true}]},{"resourceName":"ReadEntityAsJSON","ServiceInvoke":[{"name":"ComposerUsers","type":"Group","isPermitted":true}]},{"resourceName":"ToJSON","ServiceInvoke":[{"name":"PASSUser","type":"Group","isPermitted":true}]}]}';   
    var currentPermissions = JSON.stringify(Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].GetRunTimePermissionsAsJSON());
    logger.warn("Get Permissions:"+currentPermissions);
    var newPermissions = {
    "EventSubscribe": [],
            "PropertyWrite": [],
            "PropertyRead": [],
            "ServiceInvoke": [
                {
                    "isPermitted": true,
                    "name": "PASSUser",
                    "type": "Group"
                }
            ],
            "resourceName": "ToJSON",
            "EventInvoke": []
        };
var mm=currentPermissions.permissions.push(newPermissions);
        logger.warn("Push Permissions:"+mm);
      Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].SetRunTimePermissionsAsJSON({
      permissions: mm /* JSON */
        });       
    }
    catch(err){
        logger.error("Error @ Thing -"+me.name+", testPerms, @ line " + err.lineNumber + ": " + err );
    }
}());

You're getting that error because you're parsing your JSON to a string with JSON.stringify().. Instead use JSON.parse().. You shouldn't have to use the parse function because that service returns a JSON but occasionally ThingWorx throws an error with JSON properties and service inputs so I always use the JSON.parse() function.   Also, I see you marked your last reply as the solution to the issue.  You may want to undo that as you haven't resolved your issue yet.

- Nick

Top Tags