cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How can I Import PlayCanvas/Threejs/Babylonjs scene into ThingWorx Studio/Composr or Thingview WebGL

EnsoImmersive
3-Visitor

How can I Import PlayCanvas/Threejs/Babylonjs scene into ThingWorx Studio/Composr or Thingview WebGL

Hello,

I am trying to create a Factory visualization application on webgl with PlayCanvas/Threejs/Babylonjs .

How can I directly import that WebGL content into ThingWorx Studio or Composer or Thingview Webgl.

Can you help me out with the approach of how to achieve this.

Also I am developing Unity WebGL for the same, If its possible to do the same with Unity without using Rest API, calling data from server and directly using my project into ThingWorx pipeline.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @EnsoImmersive ,

regarding your question to unity : The unity environment is not used for Studio but only for Vuforia engine. You need to address such questions  to the following form Vuforia Developer Portal

Vuforia Studio does not provide direct and supported way to incorporate the Web.GL . So far, I know it is based on tree.js and Cordova which means that there is already Web.Gl inside. You need to pay attention that getting some code to work in the chrome browser will not meant automatically  that it will be successful on the mobile devices with Android , IOS and HoloLens

The Thingview plug which actually is built with tree.js  dos not provide an API interface and is used only as integrational part of the Vuforia Studio. It is   intended to be used for all visualization of 3d objects and real world object tracking in Vuforia Studio.  There is a javaScript /angular.Js interface but it is used in generally only to implement  more complex operation and interaction between the widgets / Studio components

One possible option to extend the display is to use of shaders (GLSL) to get some special effects of the appearance. For this you can use the TMLText widget

Another possible option to customize appearance of widget - is to use some CSS styles

The last more advice option to write some widget extension - means you can add your own widget. So far, I know there is Vuforia Studio Extendibility guide, but I think to have it you need to have a development agreement with the PTC R&D team.

In general, is supported is to use any JavaScript code or Angular.js and to load a library written in JavaScript. But there is no guarantee that this will work on all devices. 

Therefore, used who want to have you own functionality which could not be covered by Studio out of the box functionality – in the case may be the using of untiy3d with Vuforia engine is the better choice but this required high programming costs.

Top Tags