cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How can develop AR/VR apps and use it for virtual try out of clothings? Is it possible in Thingworx.

MayankSharma20
10-Marble

How can develop AR/VR apps and use it for virtual try out of clothings? Is it possible in Thingworx.

Virtual Try-out for clothing and 3D clothing collection Using AR/VR. Can anyone develop such apps in PTC product like Thingworx and plug it for webstream to use realtime for apparel or clothing.

Please let me know if anyone aware of such use case or implementation which can be feasible in any PTC product and plug in thingworx for realtime use of AR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you have a pre-build car model, and you can pre-define the color of the AR car and show it dynamically. But if you're talking about putting clothes or coverings for any live video of human, that's hard.

We have model targets in Vuforia, it can detect object in certain angle and put something over it, such as a cloth on human. But if the angle change, the covering cloth will disappear.  Currently a lot of mobil apps can do much better than this, such as change hair color and put a glass on, the image can follow user's head movement.

So yes, please check if Vuforia engine can do anything.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

You can try Vuforia Enging if that helps. Check this out. https://trainingcentral.ptcu.com/pages/29/vuforia-training-catalog

Regards

Shyam

If you have a pre-build car model, and you can pre-define the color of the AR car and show it dynamically. But if you're talking about putting clothes or coverings for any live video of human, that's hard.

We have model targets in Vuforia, it can detect object in certain angle and put something over it, such as a cloth on human. But if the angle change, the covering cloth will disappear.  Currently a lot of mobil apps can do much better than this, such as change hair color and put a glass on, the image can follow user's head movement.

So yes, please check if Vuforia engine can do anything.

Yeah, i have to try realtime human as object to try different cloths from library to choose and show while human make pose in video.

I saw multiple application created by Unity 3D with Vuforia which do this task. I need to check full tutorial for this.

Example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHdEZT5miaQ

But as its would be different application all together which nothing to do with Thingworx. 

Actually i was looking any use case were we can use or plug such application to thingworx.

Thanks for the insights

Currently not I'm aware of. TWX is a 2B product in Manufacturing industry, your request is 2C. And PTC Creo can design color for machines and plastics, but it's not good enough for clothing, so 3D model from Creo will not work for your business. 

A special modeling application for clothing is your first priority, and then a motion detection application, these are currently not available in PTC.

Hi @MayankSharma20.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags