cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How can we show Live Machine Data in 3D Model Viewer Extension?

Swapnil_More
14-Alexandrite

How can we show Live Machine Data in 3D Model Viewer Extension?

I created one Mashup with 3D Model widget. I want to show live sensor data in same model. 

Is is possible to show data?

Regards,
Swapnil More
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Swapnil_More ,

Actually, I could not suggest better solution because currently the thingview so far I know, is the best viewer PTC extension .

As mention above you can use WebGL toolkit to create your own thingview extension. But this requires that you will create your own extension using the WebGl toolkit for Creo View and for this you need  to purchase Creo view WebToolkit  module and also to be able to develop your own Thingwork extensions. This is could be probable solution but no 100% guarantee that this at the end will work – requires some further tests

I am not sure  if this option could be possible solution  for you but just for the case I want to metion it here.

This is option is applicable on windows plattform where the vuforia studio is installed. It used the preview mode. The option is described in PTC article:

It that possible to embed ThingWorx view app main function into a webpage

So the effect is the following - see picture above so  that it could be called  form a link in a Thingworx mashup (unfortunately this will not work inside a Web Frame widget) and it calls the preview from the Experience Service.

2019-01-30_13-01-02.gif

This also will display the live data! Here below an other example:

2019-01-30_13-06-20.gif

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Swapnil_More 

of course what functionality is  possible  depends of the used 3D Model Viewer Extension. I

So I will consider the answer of this question only for the PTC extension used by navigate and based on the thingview libraries. I know that there are other 3d extensions but generally they have less functionality.

So back to the thingview - it is the most used viewer and it is  based on thingview libraries. Additional customers could developed a new 3d viewer extension using the WebGL Creo View Toolkit but this is not trivial and required the purchase  of the Creo View Toolkit module. The webGL toolkit provides API for developing of Creo View Web applications based on the thingview libraries.

What you can do in the thingview extension:

• you  can display a model (preferred  *.pvz format) but also other formats e.g. glTF could be used (but not 100%support -> e.g  for glTF format some models with large data size will be not displayed)
  • you can display viewable - means illustrations -  in Creo Illustrate corresponds to the  Figure:

2019-01-17_11-50-23.gif

• Zoom, pan Zoom All, Zoom Window, Zoom selected instance, set Phantom display
  • Play, Pause,Rewind, Next, Prev Step -> allows to play a sequence steps
  • Play /Stop/ Pause-Timeline are intended for playing of Timeline animation. This means that the sequence  contains an animations:

2019-01-17_17-49-13.gif

The possible direct actions which could be started to change the appearance are:

• chanage the zoom and orientation of the model
  • highlighting of component via selection and zoom in /out
  • display different figures containing different CallOuts:

2019-01-17_18-20-33.gifDescribing what is possible in this extension will indirectly answer your question. But to make it more clear - it is currently  not possible to change any visible values in the 3d Model display 

To be sure I tested also with the API in Creo View WebGL api where we have more possibilities. For example in the picture below:

2019-01-17_15-37-37.gif

we have here a callout symbol which used a Creo parameter. So that the parameters / attributes of the components will be displayed in a particular figure. The idea was to change the parameter and so to change the display.  The API could change the parameter fine but unfortunately the display will not update!

2019-01-17_17-15-57.gifSo means that the parameter change will not be displayed in the view and we cannot use a parameter to display any dynamic values.

• One possible option which you can check  --> In case that you have a value which could be represented by enumerated scope [1,2,3,4,5,6,7 ] - in this case you could define for each different value state a firgure which could be displayed so it could be change the  static callout Display.  I think this option will work only in few cases
  • What I think will be better  to display your model with callouts where the different measserments are marked with callout number and then to have a table with the lived date which maps the number/tag from the 3d model to the lived data measurement.

can you suggest me a best 3d viewer extension for ThingWorx

Regards,
Swapnil More

Hi @Swapnil_More ,

Actually, I could not suggest better solution because currently the thingview so far I know, is the best viewer PTC extension .

As mention above you can use WebGL toolkit to create your own thingview extension. But this requires that you will create your own extension using the WebGl toolkit for Creo View and for this you need  to purchase Creo view WebToolkit  module and also to be able to develop your own Thingwork extensions. This is could be probable solution but no 100% guarantee that this at the end will work – requires some further tests

I am not sure  if this option could be possible solution  for you but just for the case I want to metion it here.

This is option is applicable on windows plattform where the vuforia studio is installed. It used the preview mode. The option is described in PTC article:

It that possible to embed ThingWorx view app main function into a webpage

So the effect is the following - see picture above so  that it could be called  form a link in a Thingworx mashup (unfortunately this will not work inside a Web Frame widget) and it calls the preview from the Experience Service.

2019-01-30_13-01-02.gif

This also will display the live data! Here below an other example:

2019-01-30_13-06-20.gif

Hi @Swapnil_More.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags