cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How old data is being retained by services QueryAlertSummary and QueryAlertHistory from current date

ranjank
14-Alexandrite

How old data is being retained by services QueryAlertSummary and QueryAlertHistory from current date

Explain the difference between these two services.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ranjank)

Hi @ranjank.

When running the services in Composer, the number of records returned is limited to 500.  If you need to pull more, then you need to design a mashup to display the data.  This will allow you to pull ALL data if needed regardless of timeframe.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

In short, the difference between the two is that QueryAlertHistory uses AlertHistoryStream, while QueryAlertSummary doesn't.

/ Constantine

ranjank
14-Alexandrite
(To:Constantine)

Could you pls let me know how much data is being retrieved by QueryAlertSummary and QueryAlertHistory with respect to current time?

That's defined by service parameters -- both maximum number of items, as well as start/end timestamps.

/ Constantine

ranjank
14-Alexandrite

Actually, I want to know without providing any input and just run both these services, then how many days or hours old data from the current time will be retrieved? (not the no of records)

By default it will return you 500 most recent rows, as simple as that. If you don't specity start/end dates explicitly, then it won't apply any filtering on timestamps.

/ Constantine

ranjank
14-Alexandrite

My concern is not about no of rows or count. My question is QueryAlertSummary and QueryAlertHistory services retrieve data of the last 7 days or last 24 hours or else from current time (irrespective of the no of records).

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ranjank)

Hi @ranjank.

When running the services in Composer, the number of records returned is limited to 500.  If you need to pull more, then you need to design a mashup to display the data.  This will allow you to pull ALL data if needed regardless of timeframe.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @ranjank.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags