cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to Uninstall Thingworx Flow 8.5?

Janakiraman-P
14-Alexandrite

How to Uninstall Thingworx Flow 8.5?

Hi,

We have installed Thingworx 8.5 with Flow ( ThingWorxFoundationFlowPostgres-8.5.0-x64 ), since it is having some bug internally, we are unable to write any workflow service inside the composer. So we are planning to uninstall it, but we are unable to find any uninstaller for it.

Should I remove one by one like erlang,RabbitMQ..etc.,

Or do we have any common uninstaller to do it?

Regards,

Janakiraman P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Janakiraman-P 

Recently I faced same problem on my Windows Server 2019 while installing Thingworx Flow 8.5. This is due to registry problem, try to delete registry key.  

To delete key,

1. Run 'regedit' as administrator

2. Navigate to 'Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ericsson'

3. Delete Ericsson key and its sub key

4. Restart your machine

Try to install again. It works for me.

Regards,

VR

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Janakiraman-P ,

Thingworx Flow does not have uninstaller. You have to remove one by one. Before doing that you need to stop Thingworx Flow service and ngnix service. 

/VR

Janakiraman-P
14-Alexandrite
(To:Velkumar)

Hi @Velkumar ,

Thanks for your responds,

I removed all the services one by one and also cleared relevant data from registry cache and AppData.

Now am trying to install flow 8.4.3, while installing it is showing a new error as,

"

FATAL: SystemCallError: windows_service[RabbitMQ] (orchestration::rabbitmq line 99) had an error: SystemCallError: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. - OpenService: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. "

How could i resolve this?

Regards,

Janakiraman P

Hi @Janakiraman-P ,

I don't have any idea about this issue. Please contact PTC team.

/VR

Hi @Janakiraman-P 

Recently I faced same problem on my Windows Server 2019 while installing Thingworx Flow 8.5. This is due to registry problem, try to delete registry key.  

To delete key,

1. Run 'regedit' as administrator

2. Navigate to 'Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ericsson'

3. Delete Ericsson key and its sub key

4. Restart your machine

Try to install again. It works for me.

Regards,

VR

Janakiraman-P
14-Alexandrite
(To:Velkumar)

Hi @Velkumar , @slangley 

Thank you for your responses,

Even I followed the same steps to remove RabbitMQ files.

you should also remove RabbitMQ files from AppData-->Roaming-->RabbitMQ

Thank you,

Janakiraman P

Hi @Janakiraman-P.

Per the earlier post, there is no uninstaller for Flow, but there is an uninstaller for RabbitMQ referenced in the error message.  What procedure did you use for uninstalling RabbitMQ? 

Regards.

--Sharon

Janakiraman-P
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley ,

Am using windows server 2019.

I uninstalled Erlang,Thingworx Orchestration and RabbitMQ from control panel. Then deleted all the cache and AppData which are relevent to the above installation.

Then I tried to install 8.4 flow, the above mentioned error started coming.

Does anything goes wrong with RabbitMQ? / Me?

Regards,

Janakiraman P

Hi @Janakiraman-P.

Unfortunately, Windows Server 2019 is not supported.  Please reference this information from our Help Center for the supported components.

Regards.

--Sharon

Janakiraman-P
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

Are you sure Windows Server 2019 is not supported?

I was able to execute 8.5 products smoothly in Windows Server 2019, Due to the below issue I uninstalled 8.5 and trying to install 8.4 Thingworx and Flow.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Add-quot-Workflow-Service-quot-throws-404-Page-Not-Found-Error/m-p/632781

Get me the solution/ reason for the above issue.

Regards,

Janakiraman P

Hi @Janakiraman-P.

Yes, I am quite sure Windows 2019 is not supported.  Please refer to the link I provided in my previous post for a list of supported components.  Even if your installation succeeds, you may encounter issues with functionality.

For the issue you referenced in the other post, you can resolve it by using the same domain for starting ThingWorx as explained in this article.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags