cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to Use Data Refreshed on time in mashup

LY_10691079
11-Garnet

How to Use Data Refreshed on time in mashup

Hi everyone,

I am getting data from from windchill and then storing it into thingworx locally so what I want is user should 

have flexibility to refresh the data and it should also showing at the mashup UI like when the data refreshed last time like that so to achieve this what should I have to do 

like what is happening in the background (Windchiil system) may be some data gets updated so in that case user want to see live data and the time when he refresh so what should I have to do implement this kind of problem

I am thinking of a scheduler which should be running after each specified time and also thinking to  give user flexibility to see the data refreshed  so how can I implement it 

Regards,

Lav

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:LY_10691079)

Well, 8.5 is a very old version, out of support for more than two years now. You should really consider upgrading.

If I am not mistaken, back then Auto-Reload was a widget, not a function, try to look there.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Rocko
17-Peridot

In a Mashup, under Functions, you find "Auto Refresh". Whenever there is an refresh event, you can call a Refresh service which gets the data from Windchill. You can also store the refresh time in a property or a session variable which is bound to a display widget. You can also add a manual "Refresh" button which calls the same service, for the inpatient users.

But you need to take into account that is is happening for all users opening the mashup, which might end up in too many queries to Windchill.

In that case you might want to use a timer to get data regularly from Windchill, cache the result, and all mashup display the cached data only. This way the number of requests to Windchill is independent on the number of viewers of a mashup.

A third more complex way would be to implement in Windchill to PUSH the data to Thingworx instead of TWX pulling it.

Hi @Rocko Thank you for you reply,

but in thingworx 8.5 we don't have auto refresh function so then how can I proceed?

regards,

lav.

Rocko
17-Peridot

Well, 8.5 is a very old version, out of support for more than two years now. You should really consider upgrading.

If I am not mistaken, back then Auto-Reload was a widget, not a function, try to look there.

Yup there is a widget called Auto Refresh but functionality is very limited in that not have much functionality or if you know then please let me know how to configure that

or Is there any other way can you propose?

thanks.

lav.

Rocko
17-Peridot

The widget should work the same way as the function. You configure it, and then it fires "Refresh" events regularly, In both versions, you bind the Refresh event then to your Service execution.

ok let me try 

thanks.

Announcements

Top Tags