cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to add JAVA OPTIONS in Thingworx tomcat service

Velkumar
18-Opal

How to add JAVA OPTIONS in Thingworx tomcat service

Hi all,

I have installed Thingworx Navigate 8.5 using executable. To debug Thingworx Extension, I need to add JAVA OPTIONS arguments in tomcat service.  There are two bat files in Thingworx installation folder, service.bat & tomcat_windows_service.bat in which one I need add JAVA_OPTIONS and how can I reinstall service.

Could any one help me with this. Thanks in advance.

/VR

5 REPLIES 5
odukiya
15-Moonstone
(To:Velkumar)

Hello @Velkumar 

Thank you for opening post to community. Please refer the below article , I hope it will resolve your issue.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS195506

In case of further concern,please feel free to revert.

Thanks

Hi @odukiya 

Thanks for sharing details. Tomcat and Thingworx are configured already and running. I'm looking for a way to add addition JVM arguments to debug custom Thingworx extension.

/VR 

Hi ,

You can try adding the Java options in setEnv.bat file placed under bin folder of tomcat and see if that helps to meet your requirement.

Hi @vinakumar 

I'm not able to find 'setEnv.bat' in tomcat bin folder. PFB PNG for reference

Velkumar_0-1590495519534.png

/VR

odukiya
15-Moonstone
(To:Velkumar)

Hello @Velkumar 

If you are not able to find it ,It is recommended that you create a file named setenv.bat (Windows) or setenv.sh (Linux) and place it in the Tomcat bin directory.With this file (which is run by the catalina.bat and catalina.sh scripts), you can change the following Tomcat environment settings with the JAVA_OPTS variable.

In case you still face any issue, please revert

Thanks

Om Dukiya

Top Tags