cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to automatically switch between 2 mashup in a particular time interval?

Dabbler_Aish
8-Gravel

How to automatically switch between 2 mashup in a particular time interval?

I have 2 mashups and i need to switch and display each in a time interval of 5 mins. How can i achieve this in thingworx? 

Can this be achieved using Timer? If so, can you please provide some examples? Also please share any other methods used to achieve the same

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe you can put an Auto-fresh widget (5 mins) and a Navigate widget (replace, pointing to another mashup) in the mashup; And in the other mashup, do the same thing.

You can make both widgets invisible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can use a contained Mashup, combined with a Thing dedicated to serve your Mashup, e. g. "YourMashupServices". The secret is to get a property of Type "MASHUPNAME" which can be bound to the contained Mashup. Two alternatives:

1. Add a service to YourMashupServices, it returns an InfoTable, the used DataShape must have the mashup name. Put your 5 minute (and all additional) logic in this service, call the service at whatever preferred interval from AutoRefresh.
  2. Add a property and take care this property is set correctly, e. g. with a subscription to a Timer Thing. With AutoRefresh call GetProperties.

Honestly, I don't know there are any better solution or which is the better of the two alternatives above, I personally prefer 1. I think this is also the solution provided by the tutorial videos for UI.

Hope that helps.
Benny

Maybe you can put an Auto-fresh widget (5 mins) and a Navigate widget (replace, pointing to another mashup) in the mashup; And in the other mashup, do the same thing.

You can make both widgets invisible.

Top Tags