cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to automatically switch between 2 mashup in a particular time interval?

Dabbler_Aish
8-Gravel

How to automatically switch between 2 mashup in a particular time interval?

I have 2 mashups and i need to switch and display each in a time interval of 5 mins. How can i achieve this in thingworx? 

Can this be achieved using Timer? If so, can you please provide some examples? Also please share any other methods used to achieve the same

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe you can put an Auto-fresh widget (5 mins) and a Navigate widget (replace, pointing to another mashup) in the mashup; And in the other mashup, do the same thing.

You can make both widgets invisible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can use a contained Mashup, combined with a Thing dedicated to serve your Mashup, e. g. "YourMashupServices". The secret is to get a property of Type "MASHUPNAME" which can be bound to the contained Mashup. Two alternatives:

1. Add a service to YourMashupServices, it returns an InfoTable, the used DataShape must have the mashup name. Put your 5 minute (and all additional) logic in this service, call the service at whatever preferred interval from AutoRefresh.
  2. Add a property and take care this property is set correctly, e. g. with a subscription to a Timer Thing. With AutoRefresh call GetProperties.

Honestly, I don't know there are any better solution or which is the better of the two alternatives above, I personally prefer 1. I think this is also the solution provided by the tutorial videos for UI.

Hope that helps.
Benny

Maybe you can put an Auto-fresh widget (5 mins) and a Navigate widget (replace, pointing to another mashup) in the mashup; And in the other mashup, do the same thing.

You can make both widgets invisible.

Announcements

Top Tags