cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to bind data export widget?

DG_9962969
4-Participant

How to bind data export widget?

Hey,

I have attached a screenshot below in which I have created a mashup with 2 text fields namely "Name" and "Age".  I want to record the data entered by the users and export the recorded data in form of CSV file when the user clicks on the data export widget. Can anyone please guide me through the procedure and bindings to be used for this? 

DG_9962969_0-1627104821152.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@DG_9962969 ,

It sounds like you need to run a service to add your new values to an infotable first like @PaiChung mentioned.  Instead of using the "Data Export" widget directly, use another button to trigger a service that creates an infotable, and then, when that service executes successfully, bind that event to the Data Export widget (see screenshot) and just set the Data Export widget to 'not visible'

nmilleson_0-1627392325406.png

--Nick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:DG_9962969)

The information that is bound to the Data Export widget has to be an infotable. It will then automatically produce a csv download for you.

@DG_9962969 ,

It sounds like you need to run a service to add your new values to an infotable first like @PaiChung mentioned.  Instead of using the "Data Export" widget directly, use another button to trigger a service that creates an infotable, and then, when that service executes successfully, bind that event to the Data Export widget (see screenshot) and just set the Data Export widget to 'not visible'

nmilleson_0-1627392325406.png

--Nick

Top Tags