cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to check whether ThingWorx of any environment is up and running with Rest Api?

ranjank
14-Alexandrite

How to check whether ThingWorx of any environment is up and running with Rest Api?

Hi Team,

Is it possible to check whether ThingWorx Server is up and running using some Rest call on any thingworx property or service or both?

Please guide me on this.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

You can do any REST call for a property or service to check the Thingworx status. The response of the REST call should be 200 in order for Thingworx to be up and running.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

ranjank
14-Alexandrite
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi @raluca_edu ,

I am able to get response only for any property of a thing (Only for GET Request, not with POST) but not able to execute service using below url (both with GET and POST) :-

http://<Thingworx Ip>:8080/Thingworx/<entity collection>/<Entity Name>/Services/<ServiceName>

Above url is giving response only till .....<Entity Name> and for further it is showing "Invalid request" because "Services" link is not displaying. (Screenshot enclosed)

Actually, I want to execute the services of Subsystem using Rest Call.

Can you help me on how to execute the service.

Hello @ranjank,

To execute a service in ThingWorx via Postman you have to use the POST option.

More information can be found under Updating, Deleting, and Executing Through the API

Top Tags