cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to connect ThingWorx Foundation with Azure Data Lake to fetch data stored in Azure Data lake?

VV_10743662
5-Regular Member

How to connect ThingWorx Foundation with Azure Data Lake to fetch data stored in Azure Data lake?

Hi,

I have a requirement that the Manufacturing plant data is coming to the Azure data lake from various data sources and I need to fetch that data on the ThingWorx Foundation to display that on dashboards.

So How can I connect my ThingWorx Foundation with Azure Data lake?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

VV 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VV_10743662,

In order to help you answer this, you need to first investigate what integration capabilities ADLS (Azure Data Lake Storage) has.

This is 50% of the investigation. As soon as you have those options well understood, you can map them to what ThingWorx has (assuming you're already aware of the ThingWorx integration options - which is the other 50% of the investigation).

From my perspective, without going too much in detail, I know ADLS has a REST API that allows ThingWorx to use the Content-Loader snippets to interact with it.

However, I'm assuming there are other options as well, so please, investigate them first and see if they are good for your use-case.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @VV_10743662,

In order to help you answer this, you need to first investigate what integration capabilities ADLS (Azure Data Lake Storage) has.

This is 50% of the investigation. As soon as you have those options well understood, you can map them to what ThingWorx has (assuming you're already aware of the ThingWorx integration options - which is the other 50% of the investigation).

From my perspective, without going too much in detail, I know ADLS has a REST API that allows ThingWorx to use the Content-Loader snippets to interact with it.

However, I'm assuming there are other options as well, so please, investigate them first and see if they are good for your use-case.

VV_10743662
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirRosu)

Hi @VladimirRosu ,

Currently I only know that the client is storing lot of data in to azure data lake from various resources like SAP, LIMS, Kepware, MySethu, UPDAPT, BMS, Trackwise etc. and I need to fetch the data from lake to Thing Worx. 

How we can do it, is there any connector available which will help in establishing connection between Thing Worx and Azure data lake?

There is no OOTB connector between ADLS and ThingWorx.

As said above, you need to investigate what integration capabilities ADLS has, and after that, decide on what is the best option to create your connector in ThingWorx.

If you're familiar with Azure, I do not believe the research would take more than one day. At most, one other day to decide what is the best option, then you would need to create the connector itself, which is the real work here.

Top Tags