cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to display a path(from origin to destination) of the gps location of a moving android device

psaxena
1-Newbie

How to display a path(from origin to destination) of the gps location of a moving android device

I am able to display the changing location of an android device but I can't keep a track of the path from previous to next location.

9 REPLIES 9
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:psaxena)

Hi Priyanshi, i am assuming you are attempting to show path between two markers on Google Map Widget, is this correct? Google Map Widget has a property called ShowPathBetweenMarkers - trythe Google Map Widget doc for more detail.

Let us know if you have something different in mind.

I have enabled this marker for google map widget,still it is not showing.I want to show the complete track from origin to next destination till the path ends.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Do you mean something like this? I can log the path using the same property as I mentioned above - hope you have the start and the end markers enabled on the map. Would you mind sharing how does it looks like for you right now on the map once you enable the ShowPathBetweenMarkers ?

BTW, if you are streaming this this GPS location via a Value Stream you can also consider using the RouteData property - simply bind the service returning the Geo location and this will show the complete route for the entity.

Edit:

Just a minor mention: make sure you save the Mashup before you view it.

yes I want to view it exactly like this, and I have enabled the markers of start and end and show path(all markers are enabled).

My Mashup just shows the current location and not the previous location

supandey
19-Tanzanite

How are you getting the Geo location data into your mashup?

im getting three properties of a thing as latitude longitude and elevation and then bind these three in a location object through a service. This location object is then binded with the location attribute of google map.All data of that service is binded with data attribute of google map.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Thanks for the additional info, is the change in lat, long and elevation logged? Are you logging this via a Value Stream? Because it could be possible that the old data is not kept thus there is no history of change in Geo location to plot it on the map therefore you only see the current location and not the old one.

I have logged the data in a value stream but still there is no path.

Hi,

For info, what services are you calling in your mashup?

Top Tags