cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to do Rest API Client Authentication Through Certficate in Thingworx Platform

sarathi
12-Amethyst

How to do Rest API Client Authentication Through Certficate in Thingworx Platform

My thingworx act as an client I need to get Data from third Party Server from REST API ( GET)  Using Certificate Based Client authentication, They given certificate Where do i save in Thingworx Platform

( Note : Am using Content Loader Function: Get Json Service)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:sarathi)

There is definitely documentation available, listing below some of them

-  Trust & Encryption - Hands On

ThingWorx setup SSL / HTTPS on Tomcat with Self-Signed Certificate

Configuring ThingWorx / Tomcat for SSL using a Signed Certificate from a Certificate Authority (CA)

-- Edit -- (Sorry missed to add this )

Above resources should help you get SSL enabled for Tomcat, it includes the step on how to setup the keystore which will be used by Tomcat. And my understanding is that you will need HTTPS enabled for Tomcat to make it a secure connection.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi @sarathi is  you Tomcat running ThingWorx configured with SSL? If so could you test by installing this certificate in the keystore used by the Tomcat ?

sarathi
12-Amethyst
(To:supandey)

Hi @supandey  no i configured thingworx server in http port only , is there mandatory to configure tomcat to https port in order to do  certificate based client authentication ,

If so how to store certificate in keystore used by  Tomcat, is there any document available?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

There is definitely documentation available, listing below some of them

-  Trust & Encryption - Hands On

ThingWorx setup SSL / HTTPS on Tomcat with Self-Signed Certificate

Configuring ThingWorx / Tomcat for SSL using a Signed Certificate from a Certificate Authority (CA)

-- Edit -- (Sorry missed to add this )

Above resources should help you get SSL enabled for Tomcat, it includes the step on how to setup the keystore which will be used by Tomcat. And my understanding is that you will need HTTPS enabled for Tomcat to make it a secure connection.

sarathi
12-Amethyst
(To:supandey)

I converted SSL Enabled Tomcat, i created keystore and imported keyfile in that keystore

Stil Content Loader Function through this error:sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target - See Script Error Log for more details.

You Can check this link:https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/How-to-configure-Thingworx-as-a-client-with-certificate/m-p/566867#M30497

They said Content loader function unable to use certficates

Is it True? Content Loader function is not Capable to Perform certificate based client Authentication?

Top Tags