cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to export text file(.txt) from textarea in Mashup ?

mpatel-21
2-Guest

How to export text file(.txt) from textarea in Mashup ?

Hello Export,

I want to export text file from from text area text value in mashup . Click on export button to export a text file in Thingworx repository or local system.

Thanks,

MP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:mpatel-21)

If you are copying the result back to a Thingworx window, you could use the Save/Write to repository services to create a Text file in a repository.

then use the FTP extension from the Marketplace to transfer it from Thingworx to somewhere else.

or just use the Repository download links to download the file and transfer it manual.

if you are trying to do this from the client/device side, you probably need to set up an agent to do this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mayank, the 'Export' widget is used to export data (Infotables) as a .csv file. Is there a specific way you would want to export that as .txt? Can you give me more information about your use case?

Hello Ravi,

My use case is my thingworx is connected to client device using SSH , in the client some interval of time applying one command , then I want to copy this result and make a .txt file , and zip that file and upload it to other server using FTP. My full requirements for .txt file export.

Thanks,

MP

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:mpatel-21)

If you are copying the result back to a Thingworx window, you could use the Save/Write to repository services to create a Text file in a repository.

then use the FTP extension from the Marketplace to transfer it from Thingworx to somewhere else.

or just use the Repository download links to download the file and transfer it manual.

if you are trying to do this from the client/device side, you probably need to set up an agent to do this.

Top Tags