cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to find interconnections between project

ZbigniewK
11-Garnet

How to find interconnections between project

I have a project. I removed all entities from this project, try to delete this project, and I gather information that this project is already used in other projects. Is there any tool to find, which projects are related to this project? I mean something like "View relationships" which I can find in Things, but can not find such tool for project.

PS. Fortunatelly, I have only few projects on my server, all written by me, so it was enough to check my last projects. It was in General Information/Project Dependencies of other project. But if I would be supporting somebody's else server, then do not know how to find in which project we have this relationships set. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:ZbigniewK)

Did not find anything in the logs as well related to who references it. https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS343247 says it should be in ApplicationLog on DEBUG.

Other ideas:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jensc
17-Peridot

Hello,

Sounds like you have a similar issue as I do in my post where I create child projects for some reason the parent project gets dependencies on the child projects.

I still haven't quite figured out why this is but I am leaning towards perhaps opening a case with PTC to see if they can figure something out.

As I am curious, what are you trying to accomplish? Do you just want to be able to remove a complete project?

Regards,

Jens

ZbigniewK
11-Garnet
(To:jensc)

Yes, that was the case: I wanted to delete project. 

And dependencies are, because we want to make some library for all projects, and we want other projects to use common entities from this library - and have it somehow documented.

Unfortunatelly, I was asked to rename project, so the only way I know was to create new one and delete old one... and that's where the story starts  

And the difference between your & main project is, I do it manually, not by program.  And our problem was, how to find this dependencies, if you have parents with no entry, and how to find childs. Manually preferred.  

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Did not find anything in the logs as well related to who references it. https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS343247 says it should be in ApplicationLog on DEBUG.

Other ideas:

Top Tags