cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to get .PDF file after exporting Data Table Data?

Pranay_Krishna
5-Regular Member

How to get .PDF file after exporting Data Table Data?

i want to convert .csv file to .pdf file after using the export widget.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Pranay_Krishna.

At this time, PTC does not offer a widget to allow generation of content in a .pdf format.  Please refer to my previous response with links to assist you in writing your own widget.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Pranay_Krishna.

This is actually outside of the ThingWorx application.  However, there are a number of ways to generate a pdf.  For example, one option is to print to a .pdf file.  There are also third party utilities that will allow you to handle this conversion.

Perhaps someone else in the community can suggest a specific product.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Pranay_Krishna.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.  If you still need assistance, please provide further detail and perhaps another community member can respond.

PTC cannot make recommendations on third party products.

Regards.

--Sharon

Pranay_Krishna
5-Regular Member

hi @slangley 

my query is that while we are using export widget in mashup we can directly export to .csv file but is there any other widget to convert to .pdf file after exporting.

from the customer end when he click on the export button i need to download .pdf instead of .csv file.

Regards,

Nelluri_Pranay

Hi @Pranay_Krishna.

So to confirm, you actually want to export in a .pdf format instead of .csv, correct?  What is the content of the .pdf?  Is it a screenshot or data related?

If you wish to export to a .pdf format, you will need to look into writing your own extension.  Here are some links to help:

Create an Extension

Best Practices for Developing Applications

Regards.

--Sharon

Pranay_Krishna
5-Regular Member

Hi @slangley 

yeah i want to export to .pdf format after clicking on export widget.

I am getting data from the service...

Regards,

Nelluri_Pranay

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Pranay_Krishna.

At this time, PTC does not offer a widget to allow generation of content in a .pdf format.  Please refer to my previous response with links to assist you in writing your own widget.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags