cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to implement security for data at rest and in transit?

ranjank
14-Alexandrite

How to implement security for data at rest and in transit?

Please let me know the various levels of security which can be implemented in ThingWorx.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ranjank)

Easiest way would be to encrypt the drive itself, which is what I should've said vs. encrypt the database.

I am actually not certain if we support encrypted DB

I apologize but I'm not much of an expert on how to set it up, so I can't give you guidance with that.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

Please check the Security chapter from Help Center: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FSecurity%2FSecurity.html%23

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:raluca_edu)

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I recommend you can start with our security white paper

https://www.ptc.com/en/resources/iiot/white-paper/securing-architecture-infrastructure-iot-ecosystem

We support several secure protocols for data in transit SSL/TLS, HTTPS/WSS. The agent also allows for a few different encryption libraries.

Access wise Thingworx has auth and encrypted/hashed password storage

but Thingworx also can work with AD and other IdM systems

At rest you can store your data in an encrypted database although there will be an impact on performance.

For data separation, you can use multiple persistence providers

Hope that helps

ranjank
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

Hi Pai,

Could you pls help me out with the elaborated way to achieve the solution you mentioned for Data at rest and also pls let me know how and at what extent it will impact the performance?

Thanks

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Easiest way would be to encrypt the drive itself, which is what I should've said vs. encrypt the database.

I am actually not certain if we support encrypted DB

I apologize but I'm not much of an expert on how to set it up, so I can't give you guidance with that.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ranjank.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags