cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to integrate Tortoise SVN with thingworx ?

yasmalik
9-Granite

How to integrate Tortoise SVN with thingworx ?

I want to take backup of all my thingworx mashup or things which i made with the help of tortoise please help to integrate with thingworx please tell me step by step to do it easily...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:yasmalik)

Hi @yasmalik.

One solution....

In ThingWorx Composer, if you navigate to Resources > SourceControlFunctions > Services, you will find 2 services that can be used:

ExportSourceControlledEntities

ExportSourceControlledEntitiesToZipFile

You should be able to write a process for running a scheduled export using either of these services.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @yasmalik.

ThingWorx provides a mechanism for creating exports for source control systems.  Simply select the Import/Export option.  You will be presented with a choice for exporting Source Control Entities.  Please refer to the Help for more information.

Once exported, it is a good idea to validate that all entities exported successfully.

If you still have questions, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

That right but I want to take my  backup  automatically by tortoise svn  of the thingworx (is it possible ?)

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @yasmalik.

One solution....

In ThingWorx Composer, if you navigate to Resources > SourceControlFunctions > Services, you will find 2 services that can be used:

ExportSourceControlledEntities

ExportSourceControlledEntitiesToZipFile

You should be able to write a process for running a scheduled export using either of these services.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @yasmalik.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags