cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to link chart or mashup to Grid/info table data ?

GSPatil
11-Garnet

How to link chart or mashup to Grid/info table data ?

Hello Experts,

Good Evening...!

I am looking for a method to link the Chart widget or another mashup to the values/parameters available in the Advance Grid containing info table data. Want your suggestions how I should get it done. FYI I am at beginner level about TWx platform

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:GSPatil)

Hi @GSPatil.

I recommend contacting our Sales team for engaging with a Services person to assist you with your questions, or arranging for the training opportunities we have available.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @GSPatil.

We're not clear on what you are trying to do.  Where is the data coming from to populate the Advanced Grid?  If you're running a service, you could use the same service for your chart.

Please provide more detail around your use case and we'll try to assist if the above has not answered your question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Sheron,

Thanks for your reply. The data is coming to Advance Grid  via a Thing with MSSQLServer Templete having a Service that contains SQL query to populate some columns (output selected as info table).  

I want to link a chart for every parameter in first column of the data (here its Alarm) or to a entire row , so that by clicking on any instance of the alarm in first column or entire row I can see its chart page with parameters like active time, frequency, state, etc

clipboard_image_0.png

You can refer the table given at this demo example on Demo Link  ( use username as TWDemoB & password as BestPlatform ).  Here as there is separate page linked to each row & opens on single click. I want to do exactly same.

GSPatil
11-Garnet

Hi Sheron,

Actually as mentioned earlier as I am new to ThingWorx Platfrom, I am unable to find the bindings or how its done in this demo. Hence you may say the issue is not resolved. 

Also as I have installed the TWx foundation with MSSQL based 8.4.5 installer, I am unable to configure any widget in this by looking at tutorials. The only Grid is configured correctly & giving me data from SQL Database.

Is there any issue with a specific setting or issue with Persistence provider. Can PTC assist me with these types of  issue?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @GSPatil.

I recommend contacting our Sales team for engaging with a Services person to assist you with your questions, or arranging for the training opportunities we have available.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Sheron,

Thanks for reply. I got some resources on PTCLearningConnector that helped me. Also as per your suggestion, we are in process of arranging training soon.

Regards,

Ganesh

Top Tags