cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to pass dropdown id parameter to Collection mashup by using collection widget??

RM12
13-Aquamarine

How to pass dropdown id parameter to Collection mashup by using collection widget??

Hello,

I'm using collection widget, In base mashup use one dropdown and label and bind data to dropdown I want to pass dropdown id parameter to collection mashup please suggest How to pass dropdown id parameter to collection mashup ??or which function is used for this?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:RM12)

I'm actually not super familiar with the collection widget, but the collection widget is based on an infotable of information for which you can provide a json to bind information from that table to contained mashups shown in the collection.

My thought is that this would mean you can't pass a separate parameter directly through the collection widget.

Either you pass that using Session Parameters or you use the selection to regenerate the infotable provided to the collection widget.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I'm actually not super familiar with the collection widget, but the collection widget is based on an infotable of information for which you can provide a json to bind information from that table to contained mashups shown in the collection.

My thought is that this would mean you can't pass a separate parameter directly through the collection widget.

Either you pass that using Session Parameters or you use the selection to regenerate the infotable provided to the collection widget.

RM12
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

Thanks for your reply, Can you please explain in detail how do I used session parameter for collection??please refer above attachment .

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Session parameters are variables available across the user session. You'll see them in the mashup builder in the Session panel on the data side. You can bind to and from them in any mashup you are designing.

So from a parent mashup you can wire information in, then in the collection 'child' mashup you can take that value and use it. It also comes with 'Session Parameter Value' changed event to trigger services, if that isn't there or not working, you can wire the session parameter first to a mashup parameter and do it that way.

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FMashup_Builder%2FDataServicesandLinking%2FSessionParameters.html

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @RM12.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags