cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to send SMS through whatsapp by using thingworx services

VP_8991104
11-Garnet

How to send SMS through whatsapp by using thingworx services

1. What version of Thingworx are you currently running?
Thingworx 9.3.7

2. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
I need to send "Alerts and "Notifications" as SMS, through WHATSAPP

3. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
When ever alert occured,Need to send a notification to the user,  through WHATSAPP. Now a  days everyone closely monitoring WHATSAPP only.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @VP_8991104!

Thank you for publishing your idea.

However, you give the bare minimum of information. The more details and context you give to document your idea, the better. Think about ways to educate and convince other Community members to support your idea and present your case to the product management team for consideration.

Please elaborate within the next two weeks.

Additionally, I invite you to check out this topic where PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps.

Regards,
Andra
mstarnaud
13-Aquamarine
(To:VP_8991104)

Hi VP

I'm not an expert on this, there may be a better method. I also have very limited experience with Whatsapp.

Some years ago, before Whatsapp was popular, my team had a similar request : to send SMS based on something happening within our program. We used a workaround for this : our ISP allowed sending SMSs as emails. The format was like this : phonenumber@OurISP.com. So what we did is we would send an email to the phone number (1234567890@OurISP.com) and put the SMS message into the body, and moments later that phone number would receive the SMS.

I know Thingworx has tools to send emails, the Mail_Extensions extension is the one I'm familiar with. Using this we can call the SendMessage service and put the recipient & body we want as service parameters.

Hi @achirila 

Actually I am able to send emails to the users from Thingworx Services, with the help of Email Extension

VP_8991104_0-1705045838264.png

But Now a days ,People only Looking  into  Whatsapp, For Communicating to one another.

The Same Info, what ever i have sent in the Email, Need  to Communicate with the Whatsapp. Thats it.

How can i send Through Whatsapp ?

.Is there any other extensions we have For Sending WhataApp SMS ? Does Thingworx Supports those extensions ?

mstarnaud
13-Aquamarine
(To:VP_8991104)

Hi VP

So like I said I have very little experience with Whatsapp and I don't know if we have a better way to connect to it. I'm writing this here as a possibility since noone else answered yet.

That's great that you can already send emails. If you want to send an SMS, some ISPs (Internet Service Providers - your internet company) accept to receive emails and re-send them as SMS. For example, instead of sending that email to VP@Company.com, you could send the same email to PhoneNumber@ISP.com, like 1234567890@comcast.com, and the ISP would transform it as an SMS to that phone number. You should check with your internet company if they allow this and if they require a specific format.

EDIT : I did a search on the extension website for Whatsapp and SMS, I found 1 extension that might help : https://marketplace.ptc.com/en-US/apps/307644/seqent. I never tried it, but you may be interested.

Hello,

This post has been initially posted in the ThingWorx Ideas Board and it was moved to the ThingWorx Developers board.

Regards,
Andra
Top Tags