cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to test Send Email with ThingWorx 6.5

mlohokare
5-Regular Member

How to test Send Email with ThingWorx 6.5

Hi,

I am newbie to ThingWorx and I want to test how can i send an email using ThingWorx 6.5.

For the same I am want to know further steps to be followed, till now I did below basic steps,

1. Create a Thing
  2. Filled "General Information"
  3. Select The "Thing Template" attribute value as "MailServer"
  4. Go to "Services" Tab
  5. Click on down arrow in Services
  6. Click on Test "SendMessage"
  7. After opening popup window, fill following required fields,
    • subject
    • to
    • from
    • body
    • Click on Test
    • I am getting below Error
    • Unable to Invoke Service SendMessage on Test-email : Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 25

Please suggest, what are all the steps need to be followed to send a successful Email/message.

Regards,

Mahesh

9 REPLIES 9
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:mlohokare)

Hi Mahesh, have you already tried the ThingWorx Tutorial on this? It's covered quite extensively. Additionally there's also a Mail Extension available which you might want to have a look at.

Hope this helps.

mlohokare
5-Regular Member
(To:supandey)

Hi Sushant,

Thanks.

Regards,

Mahesh

mlohokare
5-Regular Member

Hi Sushant,

I did same as mentioned in tutorial but still facing same issue,

Unable to Invoke Service SendMessage on ACMEVendingNotifier : Could not connect to SMTP host: SMTP.gmail.com, port: 25

Not sure, why and how it is appearing.

Regards,

Mahesh

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Mahesh, could you share the configuration page details from your mail thing? concerning the SMTP, whether or not you are using TLS/SSL and port etc

Thanks

Mahesh, can you verify if that port is not blocked in your firewall/ network? A simple way to test this is running this on your command prompt -

telnet smtp.gmail.com 25

Hello Mahesh,

There is a known issue with the Mail Server Extension and VPNs. Please review this KCS article and let me know if you have further questions on this: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS236135

Thanks!

Tori

mlohokare
5-Regular Member
(To:ttielebein)

Hi,

I tried with exploring following,

1. Check for port

tried with suggested command and getting below error,

Connecting To SMTP.gmail.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port 25: Connect failed

Tried with below port also but result is same with port number changed.

2. For configuration, I am attaching screenshot here.Configuration-page.jpg

Please suggest.

Regards,

Mahesh

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Mahesh, if the port is blocked you won't be able to communicate on that - could you try opening this port both in Incoming and Outgoing in your firewall?

Jonny
8-Gravel

Hey there, 

why I can not connect my ThingWorx Composer to an internal SMTP server? I can connect it with telnet. 

50e6f43d-429c-4704-8a52-b99eeb5b7558.png

Top Tags