cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to write sql query for get old password in thingworx?

RM12
13-Aquamarine

How to write sql query for get old password in thingworx?

Hello,

I'm using postgresql database, I want to compare database data and with mashup data please suggest and refer the below attachment For this :

1) How do I write sql query for get old password in thingworx?

2) how to write validation for password 15 character or above?

Thanks in advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zyuan1
18-Opal
(To:RM12)

The User password is stored as hashed string, administrator won't be able to extract data password from database, and we can't tell how long the old password is.

Besides, if you want to update new password through composer, you'll get a warning if the password does not meet request, the only OOTB way of changing password from outside of Composer is Reset Password button in FormLogin page, we don't have option to make changes in here.

If you customized a mashup for user creation process, you can try to use Expression/Validation in the functions of mashup, and use the result to control the visiblity of a Label containing warning message.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @RM12,

There is another post which deals with a similar scenario. Have you seen the following thread forget administrator password

Hope it helps,

zyuan1
18-Opal
(To:RM12)

The User password is stored as hashed string, administrator won't be able to extract data password from database, and we can't tell how long the old password is.

Besides, if you want to update new password through composer, you'll get a warning if the password does not meet request, the only OOTB way of changing password from outside of Composer is Reset Password button in FormLogin page, we don't have option to make changes in here.

If you customized a mashup for user creation process, you can try to use Expression/Validation in the functions of mashup, and use the result to control the visiblity of a Label containing warning message.

Top Tags