cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

I am facing problem in providing color to text in label widget using css code .

LF_9972889
4-Participant

I am facing problem in providing color to text in label widget using css code .

Adding this in for anyone else who runs across the same issue, I was having a little bit of trouble initially figuring out how to use the CustomClass feature for the widgets (no offense to you PTC but the documentation was pretty tough to find on this and a tad bit wacky, definitely could use some updates, link to it is at the bottom) with CSS, so for those of you like me, here you go:

1)  Add your Custom CSS class to the Mashup's Custom CSS tab:

- Here is what your class should look like if you want to change the Background label color to red, first name being the CustomClass, second being the widget class

.Red ptcs-label:not([no-wc-style])[variant=label] {
background: red;
}

2) Next, populate the CustomClass parameter of your label widget:

- Find your widget

- Input the name of the CustomClass and it will override the CSS for the widget 

(TIP: There does not need to be a dot "."  in front of it.)

PTCCommunity_ChangeLabelBackgroundColorAnswer.jpg

3) Save and refresh:

- Your class should be working, mind you this Widget parameter can also be bound to a service, which is super nice for doing dynamic CSS changes, hope this helped someone,

Best,

Logan

Links:

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/css-quickstart/custom-class-widget-css-quickstart#section-overview

1 REPLY 1
DanWolf
12-Amethyst
(To:LF_9972889)

I struggled with this for a while, trying to use CSS to change foreground and background colors in containers and widgets.  In addition to the other good comments here, check the label's color in the style.  For example, my label has a color of #232b2d (which comes from my StyleTheme).

stylewithcolor.PNG

In this case, adding a custom class that sets the color will do nothing.  To use a color defined by a CSS class, change the label's color to "inherit" by clicking the "X" next to the colored box.

inheritcolor.PNG

Now the label should display the color specified in the custom class.  The same thing applies for container backgrounds, etc.

Top Tags